Our History

The Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association (GDAHA) was informally established in 1936 as a communication forum involving the area’s hospital leaders.  In time, the organization developed into a group purchasing organization that cost-effectively procured large-scale supplies for hospitals.

In 1979, the organization was officially incorporated as a trade organization called the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association.

Since then, we have grown into a full-service association whose primary focus is ensuring quality healthcare.  Over the years we have developed numerous committees that consist of representatives from area hospitals, community groups and other healthcare organizations.  Committees work with our staff to share common concerns and develop innovative solutions on a region-wide basis.

We also serve as the central collection point for hospital data which is used for the analysis of trends in healthcare services, the employment market and furthering quality initiatives.