Montgomery County CARES Healthcare Grant
To support health care providers in their outreach efforts to cover expenditures incurred due to the public health emergency with respect to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), were not previously budgeted, and were (or will be) incurred between March 1, 2020 and December 30, 2020.
The Montgomery County Board of County Commissioners has allocated $10M in Coronavirus Aid Relief & Economic Security Act (CARES) to assist health care organizations (i.e., Public & Private Hospitals; Nursing Homes, Skilled Nursing, and Assisted Living Facilities; Medical & Surgery Centers; Health Clinics & Urgent Care Centers; Physician Groups & Independent Physician Practices) that are providing public health services to individuals and communities within Montgomery County directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This program will consider reimbursements of expenses, incurred or anticipated, that were and are necessary to provide public health services to aid individuals within the various communities of Montgomery County affected by COVID-19. Expenses allowable under this fund include: operations, including mortgage, rent & utilities; infrastructure changes; general equipment investments; staffing & employment expenses; technology & data investments; PPE & ongoing procurement needs; testing supplies, equipment & vaccination preparations; uncompensated care costs; and overall public health expenses.
Please carefully review the requirements that are necessary to fulfill the obligations of this grant if awarded.
- The proposed program services will benefit individuals living in Montgomery County, Ohio.
- The organization must be physically located in Montgomery County, Ohio.
- The organization can meet the program technical requirements including the ability to provide financial records to support the grant request and program validation (i.e. reconcile, monitor and report use of federal funds; have the capacity to track and report number of clients served and other demographic information).
- Copy of your current Ohio Secretary of State certificate of good standing https://cogs.ohiosos.gov/
- Copy of most recent (2019 & 2018) Organization Tax Return
- Copy of appropriate and valid Ohio Licenses and/or Certifications for Operations as Medical Provider
- Listing of Current Board Members (If Applicable)
- Completed and signed W-9
- Copy of Form W-3 Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statements (If Applicable)
- Copy of Form 1096 Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns (If Applicable)
- Proof of Actual Operating expenditures between January thru May 31, 2020
- Projected budget expenditures for operations from June 1, 2020 thru December 30, 2020
- Vendor invoices of COVID-19 related allowable expenses
Healthcare organizations experienced a variety of challenges to manage providing patient care during COVID-19. Allowable expenses are outlined below:
- Operations, including mortgage, rent & utilities
- Did your organization forego any rent from an external party due to closure of your facility related to COVID-19? Did you expend rent on space that you closed due to COVID-19 safety requirements?
- Infrastructure changes or improvements to prepare for COVID-19 patient care
- Did your organization increase facility costs due to COVID-19 safety measures, such as construction of negative pressure rooms, ingress & egress screening stations, or additional cleaning equipment/supplies and staff?
- General equipment investments related to capacity preparations or changes for COVID-19
- Did your organization purchase equipment needed to support additional patient care or changes to care delivery due to COVID-19?
- Staffing & employment expenses to safely manage new federal, state, and regional COVID-19 requirements & patient care
- Did your organization enhance any benefits, such as time off for quarantine, allowances for day care for your employees, the waiver of health premiums, etc.?
- Technology & data investments to institute telehealth and comply with federal, state and regional reporting requirements
- Did your organization incur remote work costs, such as additional computers, printers, internet costs, etc. to facilitate remote work arrangements?
- PPE investments & ongoing procurement needs to support clinicians, staff, and patients in healthcare facilities
- Did your organization purchase PPE above and beyond what your facility would normally require each year to safely provide patient care?
- COVID-19 testing supplies, equipment, and vaccination preparations, as well as immunization costs
- Did your organization enhance or develop additional testing, vaccination, or immunization programming to increase capacity in Montgomery County?
- COVID-19 uncompensated care costs
- Did your organization have to absorb the cost of unpaid accounts due to individuals who no longer had employment or insurance?
- Other expenses that benefit overall public health, such as signage & facility safety measures.
Please use the Google Form at Montgomery County CARES Grant Application to submit your application and all required documents. NOTE: Prior to accessing the form, you will need to use an existing Google account or create a free Google account. Users can create a free account at https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?hl=en.